ISIS Muon Training School
Education and Training within the SINE2020 networking activities has the mission of enhancing the preparation of new generations of users of European neutron and muon facilities. There will be two calls for proposals over the next four years, until the end of SINE2020.
The present call is dedicated especially to the organization of Introductory Schools. The Introductory Schools will be based on the existing network of neutron schools organized on a regular basis throughout Europe, but new proposals are specifically encouraged. The proposals will be evaluated by a committee of experts (Selection Panel). The coordination committee will encourage the use of the e-learning platform and the involvement of local Universities. Calls and other details will soon be available at sine2020.eu.
Overview of rules
There is, however, a set of general rules that have to be respected by all the organizers of these events. A number of these are outlined below. For further details on the rules of the call, please download the documents below.
- Beneficiaries: Research Centres and Universities from EU and eligible associated countries.
- Eligibility: travel and subsistence of non-national young scientists, students (graduate, PhD students affiliated to an Institute from the EU or EU associated country) will be supported. Support for travel and subsistence of non-national lecturers will have to be justified.
- Date and number of events: maximum two schools can be proposed from the same organisation for the period of 1 March 2016 – 31 December 2017.
- Internationality: only international schools (fully or partly English language) will be supported.
- Hands-on training: schools providing hands-on training are encouraged.
- New schools: starting a new neutron/muon school, making involved potential users of new communities is also encouraged.
- E-learning: Proposers accepting funding from SINE2020 need to make available their teaching material for the SINE2020 e-learning portal.
- Maximum support: maximum 50% of the total budget of the school, but not more than 10,000 EUR/school will be supported. An average amount of 200EUR/student is foreseen. The available budget to be distributed between the schools is: 52,500 EUR/year.
- Students: school directors will be responsible for selecting the supported students (travel and/or subsistence).
How to apply for funding
To submit your proposal for funding, please send an email to Dr Adél Len according to the Application Form that can be downloaded below.