The Toshimitsu Yamazaki prize is awarded by the ISMS every three years to any scientist that has demonstrated outstanding, sustained work in µSR with long term impact on scientific and/or technical applications.
- Prof. Yasutomo J. Uemura was awarded the 2005 Yamazaki prize at the µSR2005 conference in Oxford, UK
- Dr Elvezio Morenzoni was awarded the 2008 Yamazaki prize at the µSR2008 conference in Tsukuba, Japan
- Prof. Jess H. Brewer was awarded the 2011 Yamazaki prize at the µSR2011 conference in Cancun, Mexico
Winners of the ISMS young scientist award were announced following their exceptional oral presentations at the µSR2014 conference in Grindelwald, Switzerland.
- Pietro Bonfá (University of Parma)
- Rick Mengyan (Texas Tech University)